Saturday 21 November 2015

Take on Art Journal

Hi guys,
I would like to post some of the pages of my first take on an art journal. I used the fauxdori size type of notebook and it works really good for me. It is not too big or small, just the right size of expression to try out.
I like the simplicity of the cover with that kraft look that matches the purpose of its content!



I had to use one stamp on a tag semi hidden as a note inside the studio calico vellum envelopes that I love hoarding!
Every of my notebooks for my fauxdori has one!




First approach, what 'I' want to express and how:



The other half of 'ME' with lots of stamps:



And the called art journaling itself: some gesso coats to avoid bleeding through the page, texture paste using some stencils, some net to add more texture, inks applied with droppers, watercolour crayons to reinforce the colours and the quote to finish it up:





Another spread but using gouache paints with my fingers, stencils, stamps, inked caps and gesso as a last touch. No quote this time but a simple descriptive word!:




And this is the beginning of a nice relationship with the art journaling. I wonder if you guys have ever tried art journaling and how it turned out!
Thanks for reading!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment